Friday, September 10, 2010

Flashback Friday {September 2007}

This is a flashback to almost 3 years ago exactly. It was 4 football seasons ago and my first ever trip to Nebraska. I do have family that lives in Nebraska but I had never been there myself. I was about 8 weeks pregnant at the time. Although, I never got sick with my pregnancy I did get a little "pukey" feeling on one of the flights there. The first flight was fine but the second we were flying in a small prop airplane and there was a bit of turbulence. I didn't know if I was going to survive the flight without losing my lunch...but, I made it! After that I just had to deal with my father-in-laws some times jerky driving. Since I was pregnant and not feeling the best I was lucky enough to be able to sit shot gun in the rental car.

We made our way to Lincoln, NE for my first Husker home game experience. I had heard Jon talk about how awesome it is to be in the stadium along with the famous "Sea of Red" but I don't think I really knew what to expect. It was amazing! It was Jon, myself, Val & Larry (now my in-laws) and about 90,000 other screaming/fanatical Husker fans.

They were playing the USC Trojans that game and the outcome was a little grim. Nebraska lost the game and we were all a little disappointed. The team didn't do that well that year and at the end of the season the head coach Bill Callaghan was fired. They hired a new coach by the name of Bo Pelini. He had been a defensive coordinator at NU before moving on to LSU and helping them earn the national title right before leaving to take his new position in Nebraska.

Since then, Nebraska has turned the football program around and started the 2010 season ranked 8th in the country. This picture is a forever reminder of my first experience at a Husker football game. Win or lose it's an amazing experience!!


2 comments:

  1. Some of my favorite times with Emily are those we spend each fall cheering on our beloved Oregon Ducks at Autzen Stadium. I'm glad you guys got to experience a Husker game together!! Nebraska is steeped in tradition... a very cool thing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! It's amazing! I have been back 3 times total. Not sure if we'll end up going back this year as we are going to the game at University of Washington next weekend to see them play!!

    ReplyDelete