Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Seeing Santa is Magical...

Last Saturday morning, before Barrett got really sick, we went to Washington Square mall for breakfast with Santa. Barrett wasn't feeling well and was really needy. I didn't know how it would go at the breakfast, but we went anyways. After we ate a catered breakfast, all the kids gathered on a rug on one side of the food court. A magician was doing a quick show and then the kids started singing some Christmas carols. Santa snuck up on one side and surprised the kids. Barrett was in the middle of the group of kids just watching everyone sing (he doesn't know the songs yet). I cannot even begin to explain how precious his reaction was when he saw Santa walk up. Watching from a ways away I actually started crying. He instantly lit up and didn't know whether to clap or wave. I have seen this little boy do some very amazingly cute things in his 2.5 years of existence, but this was the cutest, most candid reaction I have ever witnessed. I couldn't believe it actually brought me to tears and I got that little lump in my throat. I can't wait until we can visit Santa and Barrett can sit on his lap, it'll be another magical experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment