Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mother's day!

Mother's day is always special...but this year was awesome! I was just planning on going to church that Sunday morning like usual but Jon surprised me by telling me he wanted to take me to the beach. We woke up early Sunday morning, got ready quickly and headed to the beach (stopping at Starbucks on our way out of town!). We stopped for a yummy breakfast at Camp 18. Barrett loved it there because they had tons of tractors and things to look at. Every 2 year old would love that place! Barrett had never been to the beach because we always wanted to wait until he could walk. A baby crawling around in the wet cold sand sounded miserable to both Jon and I. The weather couldn't have been better! Not a cloud in the sky and the temp was in the 60's. Of course there was some wind...but, we are talking about the Oregon coast! Barrett loved it just as we figured he would. My first Mother's day was the week after Barrett was born. My 3rd Mother's day was his first trip to the beach. It's fun to make memories when you have such an amazing little boy to make them with.


Barrett at Camp 18

By the river behind Camp 18

Beautiful day

First time touching the sand

Barrett & Daddy walking on the beach

Throwing rocks into the water

Daddy & Barrett in front of Haystack Rock


Barrett & Mommy in front of Haystack Rock



My boys

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute pics!! So fun! Makes me want to head back to the beach for a weekend! So fun! :)

    ReplyDelete